Liked
80%
Disliked
20%

Total votes: 5

yona408

Balance changes

Post by yona408 »

A thing or two to note regarding buffing and nerfing classes, directly or indirectly. When talking about maplestory balance changes, I think that it should be taken very seriously and a whole lot carefully. Comparing it to a huge game like league of legends for example, think about the most extreme case of harming players in lol while balance changing, in my opinion it's when they NERF a champ whom someone is one tricking. that someone's "carrier" is pretty much stuck or over depending in how bad was the nerf and if it was justified. Although the carrier I'm talking about is with that champion alone, the player is able to play a different champion, not at the same level of course but also not at a much lower level aswell. that was an extreme case, which mostly there's a champ pool for a player and when a Midlaner champ for example gets nerfed, always a different Midlane champ is buffed directly or indirectly.
After talking so much about a different game, I shall return to ours truly, maplestory, well in maple it's a different story, pun intended, everyone are basically "one tricking" a class and later a stat. As they get stronger and get more in game currency, it's easier to be diverse and pivot to a different class.
Although Nerfing someone's class too badly where he is at a point in game which he is not able to change class or stat, that can cause delay days of progression and even completely quitting the server.
To sum thing's up, I think that balance changes should be done very VERY carefully with deep understanding of each and every class and knowing the strengths of them in each stage of the progression of the game, early, mid, late and end game, weather be it farming or bossing and adjusting it accordingly among the other classes.